Important IELTS Vocabulary Part 48 | Cambridge Reading Vocab | Important 3600 Word Collection in PDF
- Congenital: Belonging to or pertaining to an individual from birth.
Synonym: Innate, inborn, hereditary
Due to congenital heart condition, he gave up the idea of marathon.
- Delegate: To give one’s authority to another
Synonym: Assign, Entrust, pass on
If you cannot complete all tasks by yourself, learn to delegate
- Retrospection: the action of looking back on past time
He was regretting on his past mistakes during the Retrospection.
- Unanimous: with one voice; a decision, opinion on which all are agreed
Synonym: United, in complete accord
The Sarpanch was chosen by unanimous decision of villagers without any formal election.
- Panacea: a remedy for all diseases
Music is the panacea for all mental problems
- Extempore: a speech delivered without any previous preparation
Synonym: Impromptu, Spontaneous
The school program ended with an extempore from the education minister
- Obsolete: a word or law no longer in use
Synonym: Outdated, out of use
The ancient education system now has become obsolete.
- Novice: one who is new any business or profession
Synonym: Neophyte, Newcomer, beginner
Once a novice in film industry, Mr. Sushant turned himself into the most successful actor.
- Avaricious: a man most inordinately desirous of money
Synonym: Covetous, rapacious
The businessman finally came out as an avaricious person.
- Soliloquy: speech made to oneself when one is alone
In opening soliloquy, actor talks of his earlier life