You were supposed to go on an interview next week, but you have found out you cannot go on the date arranged. Write a letter to the potential employer. In your letter
✔ Ask to change the interview date
✔ Tell them why you need to move the interview time
✔ Explain that you are still interested in being interviewed for the job
V: Vocab/Lexical Resources
G: Grammar (Range/Accuracy)
You will learn how to draft a high scoring letter
Golden Tips for Letter Writing
- You must use an appropriate and clear tone (i.e. formal or informal).
- Your letter must reflect a clear objective/purpose.
- Stick to your topic, do not deviate from it.
- You must cover all of the points mentioned in the statement.
- The letter must be well-organised, with logically connected ideas.
- Use some good words and phrases.
- Do not commit too many grammatical errors.
Dear Sir or Madam
⦿ Ask to change the interview date
I am writing in order to request the rescheduling of my job interview in your organization which is due on 6th June (next week). I had verbally agreed the date previously, but a situation has arisen suddenly which has left no option for me except requesting you to revise it to a later date.
⦿ Tell them why you need to move the interview time
Actually my father is a heart patient for a long time and recently he had a minor attack. The doctor advised the bypass surgery. Considering the deteriorating health condition of my father, I have decided to go for the surgery and coincidentally this has been scheduled on the same date by the hospital.
⦿ Explain that you are still interested in being interviewed for the job
I am of course very interested in the position and feel that I can offer my skills and experience to the role. I realize that it is not the most impressive start to my application to work with your company, but I cannot risk my father’s life which is most prior to everything else.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and I hope that we can reschedule.
(Total Word Count: 182)
Proofread for the possible errors
- Unless you write the same letter and deliberately try to use the new CVG you have learnt, there is no use of attending these lectures.
- It is important for you to get it assessed by an expert to recognize your weak areas.
- Comparing your composition with the writing of the expert will also improve your writing skills.
- One lecture and one writing from your side are not enough. Target at least 50 input lectures and 50 writings by you for each task type.